The KTM Brand History
1934 Hans Trunkenpolz opens a repair workshop in Mattighofen Austria.
1951 Hans Trunkenpolz built his first motorcycle.
1953 The company is now officially known as KTM “Kronreif, Trunkenpolz, Mattighofen”
after company founders Hans Trunkenpolz and Ernst Kronreif and the Austrian location:
Mattighofen, where Hans Trunkenpolz began and the manufacturing plant was built.
1964 KTM starts bicycle production.